Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

We went here for our Thanksgiving.


This is my father in-law's cabin up on the mountain at a place he calls Trapper Park. It is a beautiful side of a mountain with lots of trees, elk and family fun. We did Thanksgiving just my little family. Travis, Liv, Dev and myself.  

It started out like any other holiday. I start cooking and then it went downhill from there. No, when I start cooking that doesn't mean everything always goes downhill and no my cooking isn't THAT bad.

Travis has a large cyst that finally caused him enough pain that he went into town to the local emergency department. He had his very large cyst lanced, drained, packed and was told to try and schedule surgery to have the whole cyst removed. Without Travis to help watch the kids the kitchen became a quick mess and my approach to cooking became very simplistic. I decided to only make our favorites. Travis-pecan pie (store bought), mine-rolls (I did make homemade rolls), the kids-stuffing (stove top) and mashed potatoes. So dinner was easy. We had a chicken chili and all the above items with some green beans. WHEW! That wasn't a traditional meal or the best I have ever made. We ate on paper plates (I know you are judging me for that), we had nice dress up clothes that we didn't ever change into. But we ate together, sang songs and had fun and that was great.

Liv and I made pilgrim hats. This is her purple bonnet.

 This is not a leprechaun. 
I only had green paper left so here is the little man with his green pilgrim hat.


 The hat didn't last long and he put his other one on. 
This kid loves wearing hats.

 It was a great Thanksgiving. My father in-law is so kind to let us use his cabin even though he wasn't here and we enjoyed our little family and I am so grateful that Travis is feeling better, a bit sore but nothing like compared to earlier.


Earlier this week Travis and Liv went sledding up at the cabin here are their videos of the experience. Sorry the videos are black. Just click play and they should work. I have been having formatting issues tonight.








1 comment:

Dinee said...

Trav is such a cute Daddy! It looks like you had a wonderful holiday with your little family.