Monday, December 10, 2012

Bear Lake







 We have a timeshare at Bear Lake in Utah. We love this condo and place for many reasons. One is that we are forced to go on vacation each year and it is nice to get away. We also love the area but what we really love is the off season. Bear Lake is crazy busy during the summer and dead during the rest of the year. We went the week after Thanksgiving and there was hardly any people and usually we go to Beaver Mountain and ski but there was not enough snow and the resort wasn't opened. So we did many other things.

For those that know my husband one of his passions in life is climbing. He loves ice climbing and rock climbing. Well, Lander is known for it's rock climbing and brings people from all over the world in the summer but with all of the outdoor fun there is a lack of indoor climbing available. When we were in Utah we drove to Logan and hit their climbing gym. Liv tried her hand at climbing and is a natural she just crawls up the walls like spider man.

She loves it almost as much as her dad does. She was telling everyone she knows about balaying and all the climbing jargon she has learned about.



When you walk out the condo backdoor there is a large tennis court and we all loved playing a little tennis.

 This is Dev wearing my hat and trying to see me.


 Liv showing me her fancy swing.

We went on a drive exploring the canyons by Paris and Bloomington, Idaho. We found some snow. Enough snow to go sledding!

 Dev and Liv looking for a good hill to slide down.


 Trav and Dev had a blast sledding.


It got pretty cold up there.


After some fun adventures we decided to explore the east side of the lake since we have never been on that side of the lake before. 


 As we were driving we came across this house. I wish I could've gotten a better picture. This is the Old woman who lived in a shoe house. There is the old woman and loads of kids all around the house. Liv wanted to go inside.


We found the best beach on the north west end of the lake. The sand was perfect and there was lots of it. We wrote our names in the sand and threw rocks in the water. Now we know where to go when we come for a visit some summer.

 Insane Travis went wadding in the FREEZING water.


Liv and Travis after writing their names in the sand.

It was such a fun trip and much needed. We went just past Montpelier Idaho and found an adorable little valley that I am putting on my list of places to settle down. So far two places I want to settle in are in Idaho. I love the area!

On our way home we took a detour and went up through Star Valley and Jackson Hole Wyoming. Then we took our favorite ride home over Togwotee pass. All in all a good time. I will upload some vidoes of sledding later.

2 comments:

Bri!!! said...

My favorite nursery rhyme when I was little was the old woman who lived in a shoe. I would daydream about living in a shoe. That is so awesome that house is there! I want to see it! We ride Montpelier on LOTOJA! It's beautiful! I'm so happy you are back to blogging!

carley said...

I love that you guys go there every year. I'm so happy you shared it with me one year. This post reminded me of those adventures and how fast life changes. xoxo